Getting chilly? Make sure you are ready for winter with a plenty of wood for your fire place to keep warm. Don’t have any space for wood in your garage or a shed? Keep it tidy and dry outside with a simple handmade wood storage stand which cost hardly anything and it is super easy to do.
Tools required: Drill, Wood cutter
- 2 x Pallets (can be picked up easily for free)
- Piece of a plywood for a roof
- Wood paint (if you have. I found a black waterproof rubber paint)
To do list:
- Cut the two pallets on the long side. Pallets will normally be made up of five planks. Cut the pallets after the third.
- Use the three width cuts for the top and bottom of the structure. Then the remaining two part from the cuts, use as sides.
- Build a frame from all four sides and make it sturdy by using a drill and nails. Add an extra plank to each side to make it a nice box.
- Add a roof made from a piece of a plywood (make sure there is a slight angle for the water to run off).
- Paint the top and sides with a protective waterproof paint.
Tips: Wear a protective gloves as pallets give you splinters.