We all know the true fact that toilet is one of the most important rooms in your home. We should not only keep it clean, but also nice and appealing for all family members and guests. Give it an easy spring refresh that is easy to do, cost a little and will take a minimum of your time..
Our sink looked pretty boring and every time someone washed their hands the surrounding wall ended up with a few water spots which later became dirty watermarks. Tiling around was an option, but I was looking for a quick and easy fix without having to cut tiles and make too much mess.
Having previously used mosaic sheets in our bathroom I thought this would be the perfect solution, because you can only buy a number of sheets you need, cut them to your desired size and apply easily yourself. There are some fantastic designs out there.
Tools required: spatula, spreader, scissors
Shopping List: mosaic sheets, grout
To do list:
- Measure and buy enough mosaic sheets to cover your desired area. I have bought 2 square interlocking sheets and cut each into two halves.
- Apply the grout to the wall using a spatula. Make sure you spread it evenly.
- Even the surface with a spreader.
- Apply mosaic sheets.
- Once dry fill gaps with more grout.
- Let it to settle slightly. Clean it from an excess grout with a wet cloth. You will need to repeat the process several times to get it perfectly clean and shiny.
To give the overall space more modern look add a feature mirror, a piece of art, hanging plants and matching mats with towels.Replace old ceiling light for something something modern or classical like a chandelier.